Architect and designer, son of the already famous Eliel, he left the native Helsinki to study first in Paris and then architecture at the Yale University. After degree (1934) he travelled trough Europe and turn back in the United States where he taught at the Cranbrook Academy. He collaborated with C. Eames on a revolutionary body-molded plywood-shell chair. He continued researches on this new material and designed among others the famous chair “Tulip” in 1956 edited by Knoll. He worked as an architect in his father’s studio where he created in a free style, important works such as Twa terminal at the JFK airport of New York.